In Berlin, shrines of Kerbela call for repudiating discourse of violence, drying up sources of terrorism, internationalizing Spyker massacre
News and Reports
In Berlin Peace Conference, the attending clerics and representatives of Kerbela’s shrines, in the closing statement of the conference, called on the countries all over the world, international foundations such as the European Union, and the United Nations to follow up on cases of extremism and dry up their ideological and financial sources.
Afdhel EshShami, representative of the Imam Hussain Shrine, said, “Berlin Peace Conference and Interfaith Mutual Understanding, held on 14-15 of June 2019, was attended by clerics, politicians, media professionals, academics, and representatives of civil society organizations from different countries.”
EshShami added that the conference concluded:
- Repudiating the discourse of violence and hate.
- Countries, all over the world: international foundations such as the European Union: and the United Nations ought to follow up on cases of extremism and dry up their ideological and financial sources.
- Internationalizing Spyker massacre, deeming it an ethnic cleansing against humanity, and prosecuting its perpetrators.
- Disseminating the culture of peace through communication and reciprocal understanding of other religions and beliefs.
- Reinforcing the positive role of the supreme religious authorities known for their considerate discourse.
- Cooperation between decision makers, civil society organizations, and spiritual supreme religious authorities all over the world.
- Inviting the media to focus on the values of tolerance, love, peace, and avoidance of incitement and instigation.
By: Wela’ EsSeffar
Translation: Mohammed Elobaidi